|HCC Site ID.||1027||Parish:||Beaulieu|
|Access:||No Public Access||Ownership:||Private|
The estate was originally the south west corner of Beaulieu estate, and was sold in 1958 by Lord Montagu. Wood and heathland, farms and cottages and Sowley House, later separated from the estate. Grounds of the house (approx 40 acres) include site or iron works dating from C17. Fine gardens. Private beach. Magnificent views to Solent and IOW.
HGT Research: January 2000
HRO 47A12/A8/48 HGT 1st stage research January 2000