|HCC Site ID:||1408||Parish:||Romsey Extra|
|Designations:||HE II||Area:||42.5 ha|
|Access:||Public Access at specified times||Ownership:||In trust to Hampshire County Council|
Historic England Summary: Gardens and an arboretum planted from the 1950s onwards by Sir Harold Hillier, plantsman of world-renown. Originally forming the grounds around his own home, the gardens were extended under the ownership of Hampshire County Council, in line with Hillier’s aims, to form one of England’s most comprehensive collections of hardy trees and shrubs.