|HCC Site ID:||1530||Parish:||Hambledon|
|Designations:||House LB II*, SDNP||Area:||Large|
|Access:||No Public Access||Ownership:||Private|
Location and Site
Park House stands on the corner of crossroads north east of the village of Hambledon, which is 15 miles north of Portsmouth. It is a rural village surrounded by fields and woods and is within the South Downs National Park.
Park House is 15th–16th century in origin with a timber-framed main block of two and a half storeys, brick faced with sash windows. There is a wing of three and a half storeys with flint and brick walls. The house was built on the site of the keeper’s house of the mediaeval deer park. It was mentioned by William Cobbett in 1822. A LB II dovecote is in a walled garden. The grounds are now greatly reduced.
House 15th–16th centuries origins with timber frame; mediaeval deer park; LBII dovecote; greatly reduced grounds.
Information: February 2003