|HCC Site ID:||1984||Parish:||Bedhampton|
|Designations:||CA, House LB II||Area:||1 ha|
|Access:||Historic site||Ownership:||Private Residence|
Image: click here for source
The Georgian facade of Bidbury House, in the spring hung with wisteria, faces east in Bedhampton, overlooking meadows and paddocks as it has since 18th century. Although there have been alterations and extensions to the house, the garden has remained the same size. Once a productive kitchen garden and orchard, of recent years it has become a delightful pleasure garden with formal area, lawn with borders, pergola and shrubbery with the ancient holm oak towering over the carriage sweep. The former outhouses which have had many uses, including carriage house, garage, corn store and squash court are now a private house, retaining a Victorian facade dated 1868.
HGT Research: May 2003