|HCC Site ID.||1828||Parish:|
|Access:||Public Access||Ownership:||Gosport Borough Council|
In 1854, a cemetery was laid out on the east side of Ann’s Hill Road, including 2 chapels and a sextant’s lodge. It was extended in 1887. In 1899, a further extension of 4.9 ha was made on the west side of the road, and another in 1920. At the entrance to the west side there is a war memorial cross. The War Graves of British and Germans are situated around the centre of the west side area and are maintained by the War Graves Commission. There are many monuments, mature trees, railings, gates and seat, and a long avenue of Yew trees on west side. The east side of the cemetery is no longer in use for burials.
Click here for more information
- Gosport Public Access Click for Disclaimer & copyright
- 50.79792586504831, -1.1492648720741272